Improv comedian...Jason Casey at The Sacramento Comedy Spot

's Avatar

dymist

25 Feb, 2011 06:09 PM

How can I apply to work for you all? I grew up in the bay area and because of my support structure can work for you for free if you were to hire my or take over the deed to my soul. I'm funny and I perform 3-4 times a week in Sacramento at the Sacramento Comedy Spot. I worked for USAA for over 5 years and Apple for a few months. What does this have to do with anything? Those jobs have made me a master at customer service. Being a master at customer service makes you a pretty good improviser. Please come see my show this weekend so you all can see for yourselves. We are interviewing Don Gerinomo for Anti-Cooperation League and High vs. Drunk Improv is such a an awesomely fun show. I would quit it all just to be the guy that fluffs your towels in your bathroom. My name is Jason Casey and I approve this message. Just so you know what I sound like I've included a commercial I did for the Sacramento International Airport last year. I love you guys and thanks for the shirt...I still have no idea why I received such a wonderful item from you guys(and girls.) Well..I should go. My pajama bottoms are calling my name. Sacramento has the best imrpov scene in Northern California. 5 nights a week...Harold Night, Cage Match, In Your FB, ACL and Scramble. Many other shows exist...those are just the shows I work in. Hope to see you all soon!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by jokey360 on 25 Feb, 2011 07:08 PM

We don't often have job openings, and when we do, we usually post them on www.craigslist.org. We have two offices: an engineering office in Silicon Valley, and the creative/production office in Hollywood. If you are interested in an internship in the Hollywood office the best way to get one is to start taking classes at the Upright Citizens Brigade (http://www.ucbtheatre.com/) since most of our creative staff is very involved at UCB, as is our co-founder Adam McKay.

The best way to get noticed is to create and edit a video (maybe of your show) and upload it to the site.

-keith

2. jokey360 closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2011 07:08 PM.

3. Jason re-opened this discussion on 25 Feb, 2011 07:51 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jason on 25 Feb, 2011 07:51 PM

Thanks so much for the quick response. I figured you probably don't have
    many job openings, who would ever leave? As for going to L.A. and UCB...I
    would love to, it's just hard to leave a theater where you are performing at
    4 to 5 nights a week. Some of my closest friends have made the trip and are
    at UCB. Betsy Sodaro and Jeff Sloniker both started up here in Sacramento
    and I am lucky to call them friends. That said...I love you guys...it really
    means a lot to me that you responded back so quickly. Also thanks for the
    shirt a few weeks ago. I wear it all the time and still don't know why you
    sent it to me. I'll get to work on a newly edited clip from one of the shows
    at the Comedy Spot. Ohh...since I have you reading this...maybe you could be
    a guest on our show? The Sacramento Comedy
    Spot<http://www.saccomedyspot.com> is
    awesome and we'd love to have you or anyone else from Funny or Die on our
    show. It doesn't hurt to ask...does it? Once again Keith...Thanks so much
    for the response. You rock!

Jason Casey

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• SMF3-264_R60_ruff2__1_.mp3 1.83 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac