Ads with sound

's Avatar

gordon_jeffrey

02 Dec, 2010 06:47 AM

Dearest funnyordie folks,

I am long time watcher, first time complainy-pants. This is in regard to some bullshit Axe ad on your front page (I assume it's only on the front page because to put this type of ad onto a page with embedded video is even more retarded than putting it on a site whose purpose is to host videos in general). There is a chance it might have been one of those ads that only becomes active when one scrolls over it, which isn't quite as bad, but still very terrible. As avid and in-touch web users, you should already be aware that ads with sound take the annoyance of advertising to the next level and truly interrupt the browsing experience. Picture this, you are watching some online content with poor sound, so you turn up your speakers. Later, if you were to watch a video or listen to some tunes, you would remember your speakers are set to a high volume and turn them down. If some asshole Axe ad starts up it's audio because you happen to have lingered on the front page for too long, BAM! Speakers are blasted and you are royally pissed off. Also, you closed the tab immediately because you weren't sure where on the page the sound was coming from, so it worked to the advertisers disadvantage. Smooth move, Axe, I never would have suspected the Axe guys to be total fucktards (you can't see it, but I rolled my eyes while I said that) I hope those idiots paid you guys a metric shit ton.

Love,
-Viewer

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by jokey360 on 02 Dec, 2010 06:56 PM

You aren't the only one rolling their eyes...But I just wanted to let you know that those ads will be off the site soon.

--FOD Support

2. jokey360 closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2010 06:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac