Voting Suggestion

chilliboy42

01 May, 2011 10:01 PM

Hi there. I've had an idea which may solve all the nonsense going on at the moment with the caption contests. How about being able to see who has been voting for who? I know this would mean having to reverse the changes about having to log in to vote but I believe it would help keep people honest as it would be reasonably easy to spot patterns in peoples voting. I don't know how easy this would be to implement. Anyway, my 2 cents.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by jokey360 on 02 May, 2011 04:42 PM

Werd - I hear ya. I'll be talking to our engineers to see if there is another solution, but for now we'll just have to be picker about the winner instead of always going for the top funny votes.

Thanks for your comments!

-keith

2. 2 Posted by fugrip on 17 May, 2011 12:37 AM

How about one person one vote - and you can't vote for yourself.

3. 3 Posted by Joseph on 05 Jul, 2011 06:12 PM

What is this caption contest you speak of...?

4. 4 Posted by Pat on 07 Jul, 2011 10:37 PM

Hey guys! The voting system for our caption contest has been a hot topic for years. Check out http://www.funnyordie.com/forums/12/topics/792658 for a long discussion thread that goes through all the possibilities. A few alternatives for you:
    1. Our Facebook page runs the same photos most days and no one can "die" you there, and the winner is editorially chosen.
    2. Check out http://www.comedywhirled.com started by a bunch of Funny or Die users who also were frustrated with our caption contest. They run a couple of different contests and there is no die-bombing there.
    3. Cracked.com has a good "craption" contest, also no die bombing.

Have fun!

5. 5 Posted by Tim Portalatin on 21 Jul, 2011 05:27 AM

The die button is good. Humor is vulnerable, that is what makes it fun. Say 50 people like my joke, but 127406 people puke in their mouths when they hear it...then my joke really wasn't that good. It is good feed back for the comedian/local funny guy.

6. 6 Posted by tracikshoop on 30 Jul, 2011 10:25 PM

hey celebrity featured show the video on first upload geez retard

7. 7 Posted by LoseThatJobProd... on 24 Jun, 2012 05:07 PM

Do "views" equal "votes" on my material? I have a couple pieces up and the rating seems to stay the same even when the views go up. They're new and don't have many hits so, if all the views were votes, I'd expect to some wilder swings in the rating.

Is there a way to see not just how many views but how many votes you have?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by jokey360 on 24 Jun, 2012 05:11 PM

No. People can view your video without voting. If you want a voting breakdown on a video, let me know which video (URL) you want to know about. The only thing you will be able to see is the voting percentage and view count.

9. 9 Posted by Turtle Salad on 19 Dec, 2012 07:39 AM

Mein persönliches Lebenszeugnis!
    Lobe den HERRN, meine Seele, und
    vergiss nicht was ER dir Gutes und
    wunderbares getan hat! seid 1942
    bis heute! Halleluja!
    Hochgelobt sei GOTT unser VATER und
    JESUS CHRISTUS unser HERR!
    allezeit ! Halleluja !
    Ewig

10. jokey360 closed this discussion on 19 Dec, 2012 05:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac